Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We're Back!

It's been so long since we've posted a blog, and honestly I had forgotten that Kirb had made one.  Everything has been so hectic, what with Kirbie & Chris getting married this September (hurray!!) and with all the other summer shenanigans going on.  I will be making soap wedding favours for Kirb's wedding and for one of my other good friends. I'm very excited about this and can't wait to start busting out some templates for them to choose from.

Despite my crazy schedule I'm still managing to bust out some interesting soaps for you to all try.  Last week I pulled out my new funnel to try some swirling techniques.  I must admit I had no idea how this would turn out and I was blown away when I finally got to cut into a loaf.  WOW I am now in luv with my new funnel.  I'm starting to feel more confident with my swirling capabilities and I guarantee you will start to see lots of colour and texture in my batches to come.

I'm thinking about stepping outside of the box and trying some different ingredients in my soaps.  At first I experimented with fruits and vegetables and was somewhat pleased with the outcome.  I need to get my hands on some Grapefruit Seed Extract to put in the batch with the produce.  This will help preserve them so they don't turn brown, or dare I say mold :O  so until my latest supply order comes in, I'll be holding off on the produce soap. I am itching to try some Fresh Cucumber Melon soap though, sans scents, aux natural!
The Carrot Cake and Pumpkin soaps were such a big hit, you can expect to see those on my curing rack within the month.

I discovered this interested lady on youtube (will post a link later when I find her).  She did a segment called Twelve Days of Soap.  She used the same basic soap recipe and made all sorts of different soaps she's never made before.  It was very interesting and inspired me to do something similar.  I'm undecided on how long I will do this for, but I'll was thinking of a week.  Seven Days of Soap, has a nice ring to it.

Some of you friends have asked me if it would be alright if you come out and make soap with me.  Of course you are all welcome at our place and I'd luv to teach you.  So just let me know as I'll be soaping like a crazy person in my free time this summer and I'm sure I could use all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment