Thursday, June 23, 2011

Disaster!

I really hate to slander people so I'll try not to make this about that.  As you know from reading previous posts, I had some supplies on order with Canwax and Bramble Berry.  Well they arrived today, well some of them.  My Canwax order arrived intact as it always is.  Every bottle wrapped in fun bubble wrap, even the plastic bottles!  My big box of palm oil was starting to fall apart, but no bigs, since I have a warehouse full of empty boxes.  Problem solved.
Then about an hour later another courier showed up with my Bramble Berry order.  Well half of it.  The box it came in was huge compared to what was actually in it.  It looked like someone had just thrown my order together in a box.  And that's not even the worst part.  My huge bottle of Pearberry fragrance oil (for Kirbie's wedding) was all over the box.  The lid had broke off it and it pretty much destroyed everything in the box.  There were lots of other glass bottles that I'm surprised didn't get broke.  There was really nothing in the box for protective wrapping and if you tipped the box upside down all the bottles would smash to the other side of the box.  Clearly not wrapped properlly.  Now I don't know if this is BB's fault or if it is customs. I'm sure customs unpacked the box to check everything out before they shipped it.  They must have forgotten to put the rest of my order back!!! Because I have over $300 worth of product missing which is half my order!
I could go on and on with details but just thinking about it is making me furious again.
Working in sales I deal with a lot of suppliers (at my day job) so I know how to deal with people and what to expect.  This was uncalled for.  I notified BB through email rather than a phonecall.  I know if I would have called I probably would have made some poor girl cry.  And from my experience email is better because you have a paper trail and record of what happened.  I took lots of pictures and attached them as well as the list of what I received and what was damaged.
So much for trying out lip balm this weekend.  I can't even express how disappointed I am right now.  I guess I play that dreaded waiting game to see what Bramble Berry is going to do for me.  I really hope they rectify this soon or else they're going to lose a valued customer in me.  It pains me to say all this about Bramble Berry because I really love their product.  But if this is the way they handle customers orders than I'm pretty sure they've lost me as one of them.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry that's happened to you but, from what I've heard about Brambleberry, you should receive excellent customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I really have no doubts that they are working on fixing it right now. I <3 Anne Marie and everyone over at Bramble Berry. I really have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm thinking that this all happened when the parcel was coming across the border from the USA to Canada. Customs must have unpacked everything and not repacked it properly, and missed putting half it back in. That part I can't understand. I know you pay a little bit more for supplies from them but it's so worth it and they're customer service is amazing. So now I wait to hear what they're going to do for me. Like I said, I hate slandering other people, I just needed to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a bummer!! I know how exciting it is to be waiting for new supplies, and that sucks that it didn't arrive intact. I have only ever ordered from BB directly once (they don't ship to Australia unfortunately) and I had a good experience, and from what I recall they put copious amounts of packing peanuts in my order. My bet is on either incompetent customs staff or a slack 17 year old working in the warehouse. ;) Good luck with getting a replacement order!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know they've always prized themselves on their customer service and how they ship the supplies. So I highly doubt this was their fault. I'm fairly confident it was customs but I don't know how or if I'll be compensated for it or ever get the rest of my order. They shipped it a couple days ago so their shipping is really quick. Just wish it was intact. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a disappointment! :( I know how exciting it is to have stuff on the way that you're looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Bramble Berry has came through on their claim of excellent customer service! I received everything that was missing in damaged about 3 days after speaking with them. They have restored my faith and strengthened my dislike for incompetent custom's workers.

    ReplyDelete